Friday, December 2, 2011

Roy Christopher Conference

  • "Program or be Programmed": Those of us that call ourselves Digital Natives need to become more aware of technology and how it works. Not paying attention to these new changes can significantly harm us if we do not take action to learn how these "improvements" work. The impact of our being naive can be extremely negative because the things that we do not understand have better chance of controlling us.  
  • The old generation needs to trust the youth with how they grow up.  I find it rather disappointing that we aren't seen to our full potential. Most teens are judged upon the reputation that we are all lazy and insignificant because we can not act for ourselves. The thing is even though there may be teens that live with that lifestyle, that does not mean that all follow it. I have come to meet people of my own age who get more things done then your average adult and I don't think it is fair that we are stereotyped so awfully.
  • We focus better doing one thing at a time. Multitasking does not work and many of us are easily fooled. I have realized that when I multitask I do not give half of the effort I would give if i wouldn't. We think that if we do many things at once we are being more productive and getting things done faster, but that isn't exactly the case. 

2 comments:

  1. Your thoughts are great. What else did you find interesting in this conference?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it was a little different for me because I was absent that day. But just the fact that we are given the opportunity to do something like this is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete