Thursday, December 1, 2011

Setting

Definition: the time and place in which events in a short story, novel, play, or narrative poem occur.


Setting
Place
Time
As I carried my tray  piled high with burgers and fries, I realized, every table was full.  The only seat left was next to Billy Markum! 

beach
cafeteria  
dentist

breakfast
lunch
dinner
 I leaned back in the chair and shut my eyes.  When I heard the sound of the drill I slowly opened my mouth. "What a way to start a day!" I thought.
dentist    
movies  
hospital


evening
afternoon
morning
When I heard the crack of the bat, I knew it was coming to me.  I opened my glove and pointed it toward the sky.  The midday sun was blinding. "Please let me catch it!" I silently chanted.


beach    
baseball game  
movies
morning
noon
evening
Even though it was dark, I knew where we were.  I could smell the fresh cut hay and I could hear the animals  moving restlessly in their stalls. 
house
   garage
barn
 

morning
afternoon
evening
Megan opened her notebook and turned to the next page. She reached into her desk for a pen.  "I hope I finish this assignment before recess?" she thought. 
  
bedroom
school
garage  
evening
breakfast
afternoon

"Please can't I watch one more show?" I begged.  "Not tonight," said Mom.  "Tomorrow you have a big day.  It's your first day of school!"
 

home   
school
camp

fall
winter
spring

No comments:

Post a Comment